Instructions After Botox or Facial Fillers
Congratulations on receiving one of the most fascinating cosmetic procedures today! Your recovery period should be simple, carefree, and easy. You will begin noticing an effect in 2-3 days and the maximal effect at around 2 weeks. The results will last 2-6 months (depending on the product) but can be variable.
- Do not massage the area at all.
- Stay erect; do not lie down for at least 4 hours.
- During the next 2 to 4 hours work the treated area: squint, raise the eyebrow, wrinkle the forehead or frown as much as possible.
- Do not exercise (running, aerobics, weight lifting, etc) for 24 hours.
- Apply ice over the area for the first day, DO NOT PRESS DOWN OR RUB.
You May Experience Some of the Following
- Occasional mild temporary redness at the injection site.
- Occasional mild temporary swelling.
- Rare mild bruising.
- Occasional tingling sensation.
- An immediate headache.
- Very rare nausea, fatigue, or flu like symptoms.
Recovery should be painless. Extra- strength Tylenol should control any local discomfort. Please avoid any aspirin products for a few days following the procedure.
Resume your normal diet.
If any questions or problems develop, please feel free to call.
Note- Please call with non emergent questions or concerns regarding your procedure as well as medication requests prior to 5pm.